Tuesday 18 September 2007

Editorial Comment

It was just the other day that I reflected on picking up plastic bags and how our attitude to that activity can be a blueprint for the way in which we conduct our very lives.



That day, just an ordinary day it seemed, I felt the need to pick up a bag. But in the act of swooping, failed to engage. Our natural reaction, the one I succumbed to, was to swoop again, quicker this time before recovering an upright posture. Again I failed. Panic, frustration, merriment (sometimes, although rarely): these are but three of the emotions that swarm our heads in such situations. Can we sustain this half-crouch and lift the bag? What happens? We try another desperate lunge. The fourth time I caught it. But, consider as we should in life, how things could have been so different had I chosen to regain my posture and regroup after the first swoop? I wouldn't be recounting this story had I.

Editor's Note: Has anybody been enriched by any other experiences like this?

No comments: